Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Good Morning, Ukraine

Gooooood morning, Ukraine!

I'm up early, to prepare for the day. Not much time to blog, I'm afraid.

Yesterday, things got off to a rollicking start (yes, Ukrainians can rollick as well as anyone). My evil twin, Greg, spent a few minutes ironing out the meanings of the word "worship" in English and Russian. Once he had their rapt attention, I moved in to talk about some biblical themes of worship: worship and theology go hand-in-hand, worship is remembering (à la Psalm 136), worship is dialogic, worship depends on the Holy Spirit, worship is fellowship (Acts 2:42-47), and worship is eschatological (Revelation 5). Riveting stuff, no? But don't you worry, we stopped plenty of times for conference participants to discuss among themselves with prepared questions.

After a break, Greg then went onstage to talk about a trinitarian view of worship (a graceful view, I'd say). Why don't we just let him blog about that?

In the evening, we had two local guests - an Orthodox priest and a Baptist music leader, both of whom are extremely knowledgeable and well-respected in their respective traditions. To my shame, I did not understand their names and so can't share them here. To my delight, what they said fit nicely with what Greg and I are doing.

Then I slept.

New day.

More later.

Dave

PS. I really do understand that pictures are valuable in blog posts. I just don't have them on the computer I blog on. Yes, I know that Greg and Sarah's posts are the most popular, but perhaps they are just pandering to the masses with those visuals, don't you think, O highly-sophisticated blog followers?

No comments:

Post a Comment